Dr. Ahmad Hasasneh
Dean of Information Technology College
00970 - 22751566 / 123
Information technology has become an essential tool in the acquisition of knowledge and an essential foundation to both academic and professional life. It is one of the most prominent resources in the modern era, for which many people have come to depend on. Information technology is responsible for the production, storage and distribution of information required to compete, make informed decisions, and to increase efficiency and overall performance.
To keep pace with technological and academic progress, in 2008, Palestine Ahliya University created the Faculty of Information Technology. This faculty includes three main departments: Information Technology (IT), Management Information Systems (MIS), and Multimedia and Digital Production (MMDP).
The Faculty of IT seeks to provide the elements for continuous development in the IT education field in order to; keep up with global technological developments, ensure the quality of the University’s performance and education outcomes, upgrade graduates of the college to a level that provides them with a competitive skill set, contribute to and provide distinguished research and academic studies, and maximize the University’s role in producing real IT, MIS, and multimedia products for the community.
To provide students with appropriate and sufficient knowledge, skills, and competences in the information technology sector in order to meet the needs of the labor market, adapt to changes in business environments, enrich the educational process and expand the scope of academic research.
- Graduating distinguished IT, MIS and MMDP specialists to meet local and global market needs.
- Developing research and encouraging research and consulting in the field of IT, MIS, and MMDP, and enhancing students’ capabilities in research.
- Building close relationships with local community institutions, including contributing to overcoming obstacles that graduates may face in their working lives.
- Seeking to use modern teaching methods and technology, including software and sites (computers and the internet) and the provision of equipment and other necessary computer labs for teaching and practice.
- Linking students to the private sectorin order to gain the experience and skills required for employment.
- Organizing seminars and conferences to discuss hot topics/issues in the field of information technology.
- Exchanging experience through academic and research partnerships with private sectors and local and global academic institutions.
- Enhancing student leadership and creativity by providing innovative ideas and technical solutions to problems facing the community.